Wednesday, March 23, 2011

First post of 2011

I thought it was time I went back to my blog. It's been neglected for a long time. A quick recap:
I developed a cough towards the end of December which has gradually got worse over time. Christmas was uneventful. I did nothing and went nowhere. In January I failed to get my cycling back on track due to the cough. Instead I embarked on a programme of ordering cheap Sopranos DVDs and CD copies of albums I used to own in the 1980s. I bought CDs by Human League, Jesus and Mary Chain, Japan, John Foxx, and OMD. I also bought a Bruce Springsteen box set of all his early albums for less than £10.
Also in January I found out that my job was safe. I was not being culled - not this time anyway. My tenants boiler survived the winter with no breakdowns. I got more ill.
In February I had two days off work when I felt really lousy - about a month ago. I returned to work but the cough was worse again. Then on 5th of March I booked a doctors appointment. The doctor put me on antibiotics but I got worse. By the end of the week I could barely make it to the front door. On Saturday 12th of March I had to go to A&E at 1.00am due to breathing difficulties. I was given a much higher dose of anti-biotics and steroids, as well as drugs to relax my lungs. 10 days later and I'm starting to feel normal again.

Can't wait to get back onto the bike.

No comments: