Friday, April 13, 2012

Earliest trans memory?

Distinctly remember standing in the kitchen with me and my sister being made ready for school, think she was about 4, and i would have been 6. My mum was just straightening my sister's little pleated skirt and I said to my mum, all innocent like, that it'd be fun to go to school dressed in my sister's clothes. My mum said, alright then, and I went all shy and said noooo!. Wish I'd said yes!!

Pretty sure it was something that I'd been mulling around in my head for a while.

Then at age 8 or 9 me and my sister started playing dress-up with a bag of clothes that had suddenly appeared in the back room, with the full knowledge of my mum, though not my Dad, I used to put on the little dresses and pretend to be a girl; we'd perform little "plays" in front of the mirror and sometimes record them on a tape recorder.

When my Dad found out it was stopped - though he said nothing to me about it, ever.

After that I dressed up in whatever I could find, my mum's stuff, my sister's stuff, which briefly fitted me from age of about 8 to 12 or 13.


I never really thought about wanting to be a girl until after puberty though - i guess once it became clear that i was defintely going to be a big hairy man, I realised that that was what I defintely didn't want to be!! :(

No comments: