Wednesday, May 06, 2009

ho hum - quick update

Well, what a busy time it's been for me. I have to apply for my own job at some point, or rather, attend an interview competing against god knows how many pretenders to MY throne.
I've been to briefings, one to ones, and workshops in order that I can better apply for MY  OWN JOB. I've alos been frantically trying to get the Inland revenue to send me a PIN so I can fill out an on-line self-assessment on-line before the deadline (my extended deadline of May 5th). Unfortunately that hasn't happened so now I need to go online and order a new PIN, as they reckon they've sent me one. But I never got it. It's not as if I have a lot to fill out - I made about a 6 or 7 hundred pound loss. But I just want to get it out of the way.
 
Also I have not been sent a P45 for last year - so now I need to chase that up, and I bet it'll be my fault that I didn;t get one - "well we sent one out, you sure you didn't get? Did you shove it up your arse by accident? Or maybe the cat ate it?"
 
And I've been emptying out my boxes and boxes of paperwork - both at home and at work, as I suffered a double relocation over the Christmas period. It's taken me a while to get down to sorting out my boxes of inevitable paperwork that follows me everywhere, and will probably be coming after me even as I walk the Golden path to the eternal afterlife.
 
I'm committed to taking the IEMA exam in August - and this should give me a firm foundation for my continuing career in the environment. A new set of notes arrive in the post att he weekend.
 
All this and my normal workload of course, and at home I've picked up my research for the Big Project I'm working on, and also picked up my family history research too, to the point where I've sketched out an actual story through the ages of the Gardiners, so to speak.
 
Just been watching documentaries 'The Corporation' and "Dogtown" both excellent (I gave them 9 out of 10 on Lovefilm) and also the first series of the Rockford Files, and Ripping Yarns, by Palin and Jones.
 
Thinking about going to the Cambridge Folk Festival this year. I've always wanted to go. But I have to weigh up whether I can afford to go or not.


Surfing the web just got more rewarding. Download the New Internet Explorer 8

No comments: