Monday, May 10, 2010

Goodbye Gordon

Glad to see Brown resigning. This is a strategic masterstroke in my opinion. With Brown out of the way there is nothing to stop the Lib Dems from working with Labour - and ensuring the 64% majority in the UK who voted for progression and not the Tories are represented by a government who broadly represents their views.

Maybe with a new leader and some popular policies, Labour might just win an election outright in 6 months time.

Add to that those - like me - who felt that no party met their needs - and did not vote - about 35% of the population did not vote and I would expect that many old Labour supporters found themselves unable to vote for Brown, but also unable to vote for anyone else.

If I knew Brown was going I may well have voted Labour.

No comments: