Tuesday, August 02, 2011

I set off from Plymouth around 11.00 stopping to pick up breakfast (above) and headed towards Dartmoor on the Plym Valley Sustrans path (below):

First time I ever headed into this tunnel there were no lights. It's pitch dark in the middle and I freaked out, panicked and headed back towards the light. It was over 20 years ago and I was on foot, walking my dog.
These days there are lights, but be ready for wet drips to land on you as you pass through the middle.


On Dartmoor - a plant:




After reaching Okehampton, and erecting the tent, I headed back up to Dartmoor, with a massively lighter load on the bike, gave a myself a preview of the morning's ride. Looking back at north of Okehampton:


Looking north - heading south:


Looking south:

Warning:

unfriendly local:

No comments: