Thursday, August 18, 2011

England rioters: young, poor and unemployed | UK news | The Guardian

England rioters: young, poor and unemployed | UK news | The Guardian:

So the riots are not linked to poverty are they? The statistics say otherwise. the riots were very much linked to poverty, poverty of wealth and poverty of opportunity.

But of course, try to understand and you get told what I got told commenting on The Guardian's CIF site. When I attempted to go a bit deeper than "disgraceful" and cries of "scum" I got told that my attempts to "justify" the riots were shameful. Your attempts to ignore reality and deal with events in an irrational non-science based solution are shameful

I am so sickened by those who I share my country with. Now with talk of curfews, increased police powers and arbitrary and illegal punishments against the poor I am certain that the problem will only get worse. It seems most people in this country just want a war. They are angry and they blame the poor. Fuck knows why!

'via Blog this'

No comments: