Thursday, December 03, 2009

As It Occurs To Me

As it's my birthday tomorrow - I bought myself an early birthday pressie. A ticket to see Richard Herring's As It Occurs To Me being recorded on the 7th December at Leicester Square Theatre, and a ticket to see what will be the 100th and may be the final Collings and Herrin podcast being recorded live also at Leicester Square, on the 1st of February.

I plan to buy a half decent mid range bottle of wine tonight - it'll be the first wine I've bought since the summer - and a couple of good Belgian beers - and start celebrating this evening, while surfing Twitter, and watching something good on DVD.

I've got tomorrow off; all I have to do is make sure I get to the bike shop. I didn't blog yesterday, but back on my bike for, oh, nearly an hour, and I noticed something odd happening under my left foot. Realised it was either something going wrong with the pedal or my shoe was falling apart. Either was quite likely. When I got off to look, on London Bridge, it turned out that the pedal was loose, the thread had been sheared off, and I ended up having to complete my journey with no left pedal.

Didn't cycle in today. Must get bike fixed tomorrow.

Also - as a slightly early birthday treat booked myself in to see "Age of Stupid", the film that makes a case for carbon reduction, and is being backed by the 10:10 campaign. i will be there taking notes.

No comments: