Tuesday, September 29, 2009

September Song

September is nearly over and I haven't even put a "September Song" compilation onto my MP3 player yet! But I have attempted to kick start my cycling again. I've had a poor month - I'm not even going to reach 400 miles this month. However, still managed 4 days last week, and intend to do the same this week. I'm going to aim for 600 miles in October.

This is my last full week in work till the last week in October - the next two weeks will be taken up by studying for the IEMA exam I'll be taking in Windsor soon.

Had a good cycle ride on Sunday with two ladies, and we cycled from Bexleyheath Train Station, via Dartford Heath, close to Hextable and Darenth, through Eynsford and back to Bexley along the south eastern boundary of Bromely Borough.

Weather was superb, if anything it got a little hot after 1.00. We stopped for tea and cake at Lullingstone, got slightly lost soon after, but not for long.

Back in Bexley at 2.00 pm. Saying goodbye to my cycling companions, I took off into Belvedere, down into Plumstead and Woolwich. I intended to take some photos of the old Thames Poly buildings which have been empty for some years now. The old halls of residence have been demolished too.

Then a quick beer and back to Welling for 5 pm.

Over the weekend I downloaded plenty of podcasts - I now have a mountain of them to listen to - 20 XFM Adam and Joe podcasts; In Our Times; 6Music Adam and Joe; three Collings and Herrin; two Perfect Tens by Phil and Phil; some guardian podcasts; Jon Richardson; Mark Kermode; Danny Baker; Science in Action; Thinking Allowed; Dr Karl.

man with asperger syndrome
men wearing tights
man with alzheimer's

No comments: