Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Who Killed Kennedy?

I've never considered myself to be a conspiracy theorist, so until recently I've kind of skated around this issue. I've always been aware that conspiracy theories existed, but I never knew much beyond the "Magic Bullet" theory, and the discrepencies and contradictions in the records surrounding Oswald.
I'd been reading a lot of crap from the Garrison investigation in 1967, I guess because of that Stone movie. But that's pretty much a major red-herring, and a load of bullshit.
When I started writing my own history of the USA I had it in the back of mind that I'd either not really deal with it, or pick a few theories of the shelf, including the official story, and offer them up for the reader to decide themselves. But eveytime I come up against the Kennedy murder, it just seems inadequate, and I feel like I'm avoiding the issue.
I now feel that JFK's death, and the truth surrounding his murder, is crucial to understanding that whole period. after all JFK wasn;t the only prominent figure who was bumped off at the height of his powers.
I'm very impressed with Summers' book, "The Kennedy Conspiracy". It examines the evidence in minute detail. It isn;t the only book I've read on the subject, but so far it is the best.
Oswald was clearly working for US intelligence. He wasn't the scumbag traitor that the establishment want us to believe he was. He probably didn;t have time to commit the assassination, as he wasn;t quite in the right place at the right time, and no-one can definitively place him on the sixth floor of the book depositary at the moment Kennedy was shot. He was also not that good a shot. Yet he ran up the stairs to the sixth floor, assembled his gun, aimed fired and hit twice, then ran back downstairs quickly enough to be witnessed by a cop all in the space of a few minutes, and not a bit out of breath or flustered,looking nonchalant enough so that the cop who saw him didn't consider him at all suspicious.
50 odd people thought a shot or shots had come from the grassy knoll. Some saw the shooter. a photo appears to show a head in the right place. Others saw a man fleeing from the grassy knoll. The accoustic evidence proves with 90% certainty that some of the shots came from the grassy knoll. JFK's injuries were such that they could only have been caused by a gunshot from the front, ie, the grassy knoll. Witnesses, including ones with combat experience, were sure that at least two shooters were firing - and from different directions.
Then comes the doctored and disappeared evidence, the lies, the pressure put on witnesses to lie, and the lack of a proper inquiry.
For me its bang to rights - Kennedy was killed by a conspiracy. One powerful enough to fake evidence, pull files, forge official documents, etc. Now I only have to work out who was in that conspiracy.
Anyway - the upshot is that I'm rapidly working towards a theory that I'm happy to include in my book - not a conspiraloon theory, nor the standard history version which is clearly inadequate.

No comments: