Monday, July 25, 2011

Stour Valley Riverside Walk



 Looking across the estuary towards Manningtree, Essex


Manningtree, Essex


Harwich

All the conker trees are dying

layers


Beach towards Harwich

I stayed off the bike today to allow some recovery to occur. Walked 6 miles along the Stour. Some of the bank was seriously eroded, to the point where there was no longer a path and walkers were directed onto the beach instead.
I saw only 3 people - a girl walking a dog and a young couple. Although I did see people in boats go by.
Later, I cycled to the local shop - this was after I'd knackered my walking muscles, and still with blisters on my feet. Bought a little extra food including a pizza.
Cooked pizza and chatted to the other residents. Drank. Read the Paper and Tweeted.

No comments: